Check back in August to see conversation clubs, film clubs, and special events scheduled for Fall 2015!
The Sandi Port Errant Language and Culture Learning Center supports faculty and staff from the School of Literatures, Cultural Studies and Linguistics in creating interactive learning opportunities for students.
We also host many cultural and language-related events open to all UIC students, faculty, and staff. Move your mouse over a day on the calendar below to see the events scheduled for that day, or go to our Events pages.
Events on May 1, 2015
Events on May 7, 2015
Instructors, click below for quick access to pages dedicated to you!
- Like Kafka? Controversy? China? Mo Yan, 2012 Nobel Prize. Frog (2015); Red Sorghum: A Novel of China: Film too! http://t.co/QIoyvYt50P, May 5
- Dante's birthday celebration!http://t.co/mntDhwM3Xh, May 5
- Polish poet Wislawa Szymborska; Sto wierszy – sto pociech ("100 Poems – 100 Happinesses") http://t.co/uKenmXE5OC, May 5
- Suggestions: summer reading in German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, French, Portuguese, Polish, Lithuanian, Greek...? Post on LCLC Facebook!, May 5
- What books would you recommend for summer reading? Comment to tell colleagues and students what's new or classic in Russian, Spanish...., May 5