Equipment For Instructors
The LCLC has equipment to lend to LCSL instructors for use in their classroom, for class projects, and for class prep. In addition to lending equipment, we can help you figure out how best to use it for your class or project.
Students can borrow equipment from the ACCC: http://accc.uic.edu/service/equipment-lending. The LCLC does not lend equipment to students. Graduate instructors may borrow equipment from the LCLC for instructional use.
Below is a list of just some of the equipment the LCLC has to lend. Please contact the LCLC if you’re looking for something not on this list – we may have it!
- Canon Vixia camcorders – includes tripods and memory cards
- The LCLC can help you download footage yourself or send you footage via Box
- Great for recording observations, classroom skits, etc.
- Sony Cybershot still cameras
- USB headsets
- we have a classroom set plus
- OLYMPUS DS-40 field recorders
- iPod Classic MP3 players
COMPUTERS / TABLETS
- Lenovo laptops – Windows 10 laptops with basic software (web browsers, Microsoft Office, VLC media player)
- Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 laptops – these laptops have both laptop and tablet functionalities; great for design work
- Asus Android tablet
- Apple iPad
- adapters for Macbooks, HDMI, etc. to connect to UIC podia
- LG portable DVD drives
- if your computer doesn’t have a DVD/CD drive and you need to access content on a disc, this is a great, small format solution
- VGA, HDMI, audio, and other assorted cables
- wireless and wired mice