There are no events scheduled for today. Please check our calendar for upcoming events.
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat125
Italian Film Festival: Un paese quasi perfetto (An Almost Perfect Town)Starts: 2:00 pmEnds: 4:00 pm
Spanish Film SeriesStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: 3:00 pm
Russian Film Series: Окраина - утро XXI века (1998) OutskirtsStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: 3:00 pm
Japanese Film Series: Hyakuman-en to nigamushi onna (2008) One Million Yen GirlStarts: 3:00 pmEnds: 5:00 pm
Italian Film Festival: La Via della Conciliazione (The Road to Reconciliation)Starts: 2:00 pmEnds: 4:00 pm
Spanish Film Series: Machuca (2004)Starts: 1:00 pmEnds: 3:00 pm
Polish Conversation Hour (cancelled)Starts: 12:00 pmEnds: 1:00 pm
French Film Series: Tout ce qui brille (2010) All That GlittersStarts: 2:00 pmEnds: 4:00 pm
Italian Conversation Hour:End of year Party (Set up Popcorn Machine & Music(Starts: 2:00 pmEnds: 3:00 pm
Spanish Film Series: Los Viajes del Viento (2009) The Wind JourneysStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: 3:00 pm
Move your mouse over a day on the calendar above to see the events scheduled for that day.
What we do:
The mission of the Language and Culture Learning Center (LCLC) is to enhance language, literature, and culture learning and teaching in UIC’s School of Literatures, Cultural Studies and Linguistics.
- Hosting language-related cultural events open to the UIC community: see our events calendar.
- Collaborating with LCSL faculty and graduate students: to find and integrate appropriate instructional technologies into their curricula and classes.
- Leading teaching with technology workshops for LSCL faculty and graduate students: our focus is on technology that engages and inspires both instructors and students
- Researching ideas: for teaching language, literature, and culture using technology.
The LCLC helps enrich the UIC community’s experience of foreign languages, literatures, and cultures by:
- hosting culture-focused events such as conversation hours, film series, and language-focused cultural events: see our events calendar.
The LCLC helps LCSL faculty and graduate students:
- Envision computer applications for specific courses;
- Articulate and develop feasible projects;
- Integrate the completed projects in the courses and curricula.
These goals are accomplished through:
- technology workshops for faculty, lecturers, and TAs presenting examples of effective multi-media materials and hands-on development components;
- one-on-one meetings with the LCLC technology and instructional design support staff;
- guest speakers from state-of-the-art language centers across the country who present their initiatives and successes to the UIC community;
- co-sponsoring and hosting the Chicago Language Symposium, which focuses on best practices for teaching and learning foreign language, literature, culture, and linguistics.